Summer Guide: Spring Colours Awaken


When I think of spring I think of bright, bold and happy colours. Colours such as bold orange, bright yellow and blossoming green. Yet when it comes to fashion these colours don’t seem as appealing. We prefer the idea of blacks, whites, browns and greys more. Maybe it’s time to liven fashion up a bit?


Today, spring colours are awakening so let’s make the most of it. If you’re worried about wearing bold colours this season then don’t fear because I’ve got the guide on how to wear spring colours without a worry. 




1.      Don’t mismatch. If you want to colour block then do it right. Only pick one bold piece so that it will be the main focus of your outfit. You don’t want to standout because you look ridiculous, you want to standout because of how exquisite your outfit is. Of course, if you’re a daring fashionista and like mixing fashion up a bit then embrace it. But for me, I prefer keeping things simpler.





2.      Know what colours look good together. For example, colours such as red, orange, yellow and green go fabulously with black because the outfit won’t look too garish. It’s quite hard finding colours that are suitable for each other so I tend to either stick with one bold piece such as a playsuit or dress up a dark piece with something bold.


3.      Like I just said, know how to wear it. There are many ways to make the most of bold colours. For instance, you could dress up a black dress with a bold pair of heels or a bold clutch bag. On the other hand, you could tone down a bold piece such as a top or playsuit with a pair of black trousers, a skirt or just a pair of heels or accessories. Go with whatever you feel the most comfortable in.


4.      Detail is everything. I love adding bold statement jewelry to a plain outfit, it really enhances the look. I adore bold, chunky necklaces or bracelets; it can brighten up a dark outfit so easily. Just don’t go to 80’s mad!


5.      Why not go bold with your makeup? Obviously, don’t go to OTT but you can still make the most of bold makeup subtly. For instance, I absolutely love the Max  Factor Liquid Effect Eyeliner in Green Glow. It’s such a fun, bright colour and you can do so much with it. I personally like to wear it in the summer with lashings of mascara and a natural glossy lip so it doesn’t look to messy. Or else, I like to focus on a bright lip such as red or orange with layers of mascara or even a neutral smoky eye. Perfect!






So there you have it, that’s all of my advice on how to go bold this summer. If you have any of your own advice on how you wear bold colours then please share below. I’d love to know your opinion!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment