Ocean Eyes

This summer I'm absoloutely crushing on the ocean eyes look. Bold blue on the lids enhanced by a dark blue in the crease and a light blue under the brow bone, it's the perfect eye makeup for summer. Want to know how to achieve it? Here's the guide.

1. Firstly, I prep my lids like usual with the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I then start by covering my lid with a bold blue shadow using my fingertips. The shade I use is from my mini Boots palette.Of course, there are a lot of bold blue eye shadows out there so don't worry if you dont use this exact one.









Tip: Make sure to cover the whole lid properly by dabbing the eye shadow on instead of rubbing it in. This prevents you from rubbing the colour off. 

2. Secondly, with a soft brush I work a dark blue shadow into the crease of my eyes from the outer corners. The dark blue I use is from the Colours Unlimited palette but again there are many others you can use. I make sure that both colours blend in naturally.

3. After both shades are naturally blended in, I use a separate brush to apply a silvery/light blue shadow just under my brow bone. This gives the eyes a soft shimmery look against the dramatic blue.





4. On the bottom lash line I like to use my dark blue Rimmel eye pencil softly so it gives  soft and subtle colour. I put more pressure on the pencil when I get to the outer corners of my eye where it meets my eye makeup.

5. Once I've finished, I complete he look with lashings of mascara so they look lengthened and full. As this is quite a powerful look I like to keep other makeup natural. For instance, a light blush or a nude glossy lip.


I hope you enjoyed this little step by step guide on my  ocean eye look. If you did definitely let me know!

Do  you have a favourite eye makeup look at the moment? Let me know!

Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment