How to: Summer Curls

This spring/summer I'm loving curls. As someone who has lots of hair that can often go frizzy after being washed, there's a few steps I have to take. I'm going to go through how I achieve my soft, loose curls and which products I always standby.





1. Once my hair is blow dried I rub in my favourite VO5 heat protect serum. It has a gorgeous scent and doesn't make hair look or go greasy which I love. I squirt a small amount into the palm of my hand and rub it together into the ends of my hair. As I'm using a lot of heat on my hair I need the best protection. I always recommend using heat serum as it really protects your delicate strands and stops any breakage caused by straighteners or curlers.

2. I am a GHD lover and always will be. I know that some people don't like this brand but honestly it's up to how well it straightens your hair. I find its great for my own hair and straightens it easily, even if it's frizzy and puffy. I've been using GHD's since I was young because I always hated how frizzy my hair was so I've never looked at trying another make. Now, I love how my hair looks after its straightened. To me it's a miracle!

When it comes to straightening, I split the back of my hair into two sections and clip one side up. I then clip the top layer of my hair up on the other side so I can easily straighten underneath. I repeat this process until my whole hair is straightened.

Tip: Try to avoid straightening the top of your head. It makes hair lose its volume and can often speed up greasiness. I'm very careful with the very top section and straighten it lightly or hardly at all.

3. After my whole head is straightened, I apply another small amount of VO5 heat serum to my hair as my tongs are extremely hot. I use the Remington Pearl tongs which I absolutely love. I put it on its highest heat: 210 and leave it to heat up for a minute.





When using these tongs I have to be very cautious of where I put my hands as many times I've ended up with burns. I do think they can be dangerous sometimes so make sure your fingers or your other hand is never too close to the barrel. If possible wear the protection glove that's given to you if you have one (I lost mine).

When curling my hair I do the exact same process as I do when straightening it. I split the back into two sections and clip one side up. With the other loose side,  I clip the top section up and start with the bottom. I like to curl at least three parts of my hair. This gives it's a loose effect. If you're looking to do tight curls then straighten as many small sections as possible. I like to keep my curls large and loose so I pick big sections.

4. When I've finished curling all my hair i use the VO5 Ultimate Hold hairspray to keep the curls stay put. I then put my hair into a loose ponytail for a while to let the curls drop a little. This is what creates the loose look.

I usually wait overnight and when I wake up my curls look long and luscious all the way until I next wash it!




No comments:

Post a Comment